A Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)  and Fibromyalgia Sleep Center

A Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) and Fibromyalgia Sleep Center

“If you don’t get a good nights sleep you’re not going to get well. It really is that simple”. Dr. Murphee

The First Symptom

ME/CFS and FM doctors agree that getting as good a night’s sleep as possible is essential for improving your health.

Woman-lying-bed.jpg
Dr. Bested, an ME/CFS/FM practitioner asserts that “improving sleep, even a little, can make a tremendous difference to a person’s […] quality of life”.

“The most effective way to eliminate fatigue and pain in CFS/FMS is to get eight to nine hours of solid, deep sleep each night on a regular basis.” Dr. Teitelbaum
Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome are not sleep disorders and improving your sleep will not cure them but getting better sleep will help you feel better (and vice versa).

Studies indicated that just a few nights of poor sleep result in increased sensitivity to pain and increased fatigue – two key elements of ME/CFS and FM.

Plus studies suggest that up to 20% of ME/CFS patients may not have ME/CFS at all, but an identifiable and treatable sleep disorder that could be uncovered during a sleep study. Eighty percent of people with the most common sleep disorder - sleep apnea - undiagnosed.

Learning About Sleep

Overviews
Health Rising's Sleep Series

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia Sleep Research
Patient Stories
Sleep apnea - can cause fatigue, daytime sleepiness, and cognitive problems as well as affect the heart and other organs. It is largely undiagnosed.
Getting Better Sleep - Treatments

Overviews

Mind/Body/Environment
Drugs

Sleep Drugs
Overviews of Sleep Drugs
Supplements for Sleep
Tools For Better Sleep

Dog-Sleeping-With-Alarm-Clock--40123960.jpg

Sleep Tools and Apps

Tracking Your Sleep
Sleep Monitors - Apps
Tools To Help You Sleep
Sleep Resources
  • Drugs-cfs.jpg
    Drugs-cfs.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 4,095
Author
Cort
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from Cort

Latest reviews

Fantastic and comprehensive. A good mix of scientific and patient experience, ideal for anybody suffering from sleep issues and/or fatigue.
Cort
Cort
Thanks Greg!
This is a very comprehensive over-view on sleep issues for those with ME/CFS/FM. Not just over-viewing sleep but providing many resources for treatments for better sleep. Excellent resource.
Cort
Cort
Thanks Katie!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources