Diet Recommendations?

I’ve been ill with ME/CFS for six years. I’ve had three remissions, the longest of which was 7 weeks, in which I felt markedly better. I actually had some energy! Then I crashed again, and am pretty incapacitated. I’m now turning my attention to diet. The Mediterranean diet is pretty close to what I eat, and most resources I’ve found suggest something similar (no processed foods, red meat, alcohol, caffeine, and lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, legumes, and whole grains), but I’m wondering if there’s any new research suggesting anything else? i do eat some organic packaged foods with few ingredients because I often don’t have the strength to cook. Has anyone had success with a different particular diet? Thank you!

Diet is completely individual-based due to each person's unique gut microbiome. Therefore, I think the best option is an elimination diet https://humanmicrobiome.info/diet. I've tried everything and this seems to be the most valid approach to diet.
Thanks for this. When I first got sick I did a basic elimination diet but nothing seemed to change. I noticed zero difference getting rid of gluten, dairy, legumes, meat, poultry, fish, the nightshades, etc. Thanks for the links—I’ll check them out.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

New Threads

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources