What resources are available to find an ME/CFS provider?

SarahTee

Facebook support groups can be good for local knowledge. And some support organisations keep a list of providers.

Which country do you live in?

tlh111

Hi Friend,
Any luck with your search for physicians that treat ME in PA? I have been looking this past year in PA and basically have come up blank. Many searches have listed doctors that "have experience with ME/CFS", but I am having a great deal of trouble finding one with actual ME sufferers as patients.

AnnaLamothe

Where can I find a treating MECFS provider?
I have - after a 10 year duration of undiagnosed illness - been lucky to find and be under the care of an exceptional Infectious Disease Immunology in NY who diagnosed me with ME/CFS as well as reactivated EBV and HHV-6 as well as MCAS and treated me from a Bell's score of 20 to presently 80. He's very busy as one would imagine however is extremely proactive with regiments and readily available - I know the above posts are somewhat old however am happy to recommend as does offer telemedicine.

AnnaLamothe

How effective is it in treating ME/CFS? Probably more as a supportive therapy when minor counseling is needed, although of course I could be wrong.
While there is considered no cure, there are innumerable treatment protocols targeted at both symptom management and mechanism of disease - and that includes viral reactivation and MCAS as well as dysautonomia. I experienced significant improvement in 3 years after being undiagnosed and sick with severe illness for over 10 years. I underwent substantive proactive therapy, not merely supportive therapy.

cc1166

While there is considered no cure, there are innumerable treatment protocols targeted at both symptom management and mechanism of disease - and that includes viral reactivation and MCAS as well as dysautonomia. I experienced significant improvement in 3 years after being undiagnosed and sick with severe illness for over 10 years. I underwent substantive proactive therapy, not merely supportive therapy.
Hi, I would be interested in your providers name and information, if they are accepting new patients? Thank you.

AnnaLamothe

Hi, I would be interested in your providers name and information, if they are accepting new patients? Thank you.
Hi - Michael Scoma MD - Infectious Disease Immunology - 212.756.9999 - private practice - I believe accepting new patients - in NY however offers telemedicine and prescribes to other states - very proactive and very reachable in my experience

cc1166

Hi - Michael Scoma MD - Infectious Disease Immunology - 212.756.9999 - private practice - I believe accepting new patients - in NY however offers telemedicine and prescribes to other states - very proactive and very reachable in my experience
Thank you so much!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

New Threads

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources